Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Getting ready to meet Rylee




This is me at 39 weeks. I went in on April 7, 2010 to be induced. We had to be at the hospital bright and early at 5AM. We arrived at the hospital and got checked in and in our room and the process started. First they hooked me up to all the monitors and started my IV. We had to do some paper work while we waited on the doctor to come by and break my water. The doctor showed up around 7:30 to break my water. As soon as she did that they started the pitocin. When I went for my 38 week check up I was dilated 3 cm. Well when the doctor checked me at the hospital I was still at 3cm. So pitocin was started and the contractions started coming. They got to about 1-2 minutes apart and I dilated to 4 cm pretty quickly and I got to get my epidural...THANK GOODNESS....(not sure why anyone would want to do a natural delivery)...So after the epidural I didnt care what took place. They gave me some pain meds for the contractions and I was a little on the drunk side from the pain meds. After epidural I went to 6 cm and the baby dropped down just a little....After about 3 more hours I did not dilate 1cm...and the baby did not drop any...dang it...I knew what was coming when the doctor came in. The dreaded words of C-Section. Doctor thought that the baby was just to big to fit down in the birth canal is why she was not dropping any. Richie and I were very nervous at this point. We knew it was the best thing though since the I was not progressing any and we were ready to meet out little girl...So off we went for a C-section at 2:00 pm......



No comments: